NATIONAL BURNS CENTER
- The National Burns Center (NBC) promoted by the Indian Burns Research Society is a unique and pioneering project to tackle burns holistically.
- Our primary goal is to evolve simplified methods of treatment to reduce cost-of-treatment & and to give a near normal functional life to burn survivors.
- IBRS was formed in 1985 and is registered as a charitable institute with the Registrar of Charities, Mumbai
- The National Burns center promoted by the Indian Burns Research Society hospital was commissioned on 5th October 2001 with 50 bed capacity
- The National Burns center is a holistic specialized center of excellence for Prevention, Treatment, Training, Rehabilitation & Research, relating to Burns
- Philosophy of Indian Burns Research Society-
- To touch the life of suffering burns patients, understand their problems and provide solutions in terms of pain relief, scar management, deformity corrections and ultimately physical, psychological and social rehabilitation.
- Hospital was commissioned on 5th October 2001 with 50 beds capacity
- Intensive Burn Care Unit (IBCU) was inaugurated on 2nd Aug 2009
- Skin bank was inaugurated on 21st NOV 2009
- Central Library Facility with WIFI connectivity inaugurated on 14th June 2014
- Up-gradation of Department of Physiotherapy and inauguration of Stem Cell therapy Lab in 2014.
- Organic Farming Started From July 2014.
- First Butterfly garden inaugurated on 15th January 2017 and second Butterfly garden started in June 2018
- H J Nain Auditorium was inaugurated on 7th April 2019
- Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
- Step-down – Special facility with Operation Theater for Operation Restore/ Acid Burn Survivors -24 beds
- Pathology and Microbiological Laboratory.
- X-Ray Unit
- 24 Hours Pharmacy.
- Dialysis Unit – 2 beds
- Skin Regeneration Laboratory
- Burns Ambulance & Skin Bank Ambulance
- 24 Hours Cafeteria
- Two 125 KVA generators for uninterrupted power supply
- Rain water-harvesting Facility / Bore wells
- Large separate cubicles (8 cubicles)
- Each cubicle has separate air conditioning system with separate 3 air filters of Each cubicle has a separate nurse (Nurse-patient ratio of 1:1)
- Each cubicle with multipart monitors to monitor pulse, BP, SPO2, ECG and CVP
- Each cubicle with remote controlled beds where all functions of the bed can be activated by a switch both by the patient and the nurse
- Two cubicles with Renal Dialysis Facility
- A separate dressing minor operation theatre inside the IBCU
- Central monitoring station where all the patients’ parameters can be seen.
- Well trained burn nurses and Intensivist.
- Resident medical officer’s room and Surgeons Lounge inside the IBCU.
- 4 Well-Equipped Operation theatres with modern burn surgery equipment.
Operation in progress…..
Acute kidney injury is a rare event, is a major complication in burns. It results from a complex interplay of various cellular and neuro-humoral changes affecting burn patients. Although kidney function returns to normal for most burn survivors, a minority require long-term dialysis. In order to manage such patients, dialysis unit was established at National Burns Center.