- India records about 7 million burn cases annually
- About 1.4 lakh people die of burns.
- High cost of Burns treatment coupled with functional disability of burn survivors put a heavy
- financial toll on the patient.
- Data has shown that 80% of cases are due to domestic accidents
- This can be prevented if India has an effective burn prevention program in place.
Aim of Awareness : – To reduce the incidence of preventable burn injury by conducting large scale Burns Prevention and Skin Donation awareness Program in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane area.
- To create awareness about the correct First-aid in burns